Saturday, January 28

Blog 4 - Edit: Camera Raw



"Avian Neighborhood" - 1/28/12 - 4:20 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/4000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I really liked the pictures I had of the birdhouses, but this was the only one that wasn't too underdeveloped. I did like the lighting on it too, but I knew it would take some work. Pulling it into Camera Raw, I adjusted the temperature, exposure, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast, clarity, orange hues, and then used an adjustment brush with an orange coloring to paint some warm light over the light that was already there. Then I took it into photoshop and added some adjustment layers. I added levels, brightness/contrast and color balance.




"Net in the Trees" - 1/28/12 - 3:22 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.6 - 1/200 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

While ambling through the lesser known areas of Rexburg, I was walking past a tree and was transfixed by the light shining through the trees. I had a time trying to get a good picture though because the camera wanted to focus on EVERYTHING. I lucked out with this shot though. Once I pulled it into Camera Raw though, I got to work. I adjusted the temperature, tint, exposure, fill light, black, brightness, contrast, clarity, highlights, lights, darks , shadows, sharpening, radius, detail, hue and saturation of the yellows and greens, and used adjustment brushes to darken the edges and lighten the focal point. After that, I took it into photoshop and added vibrance and black& white adjustment layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment