Monday, January 16

Blog 2 - Edit: Blends & Types

Blend




Through the Spokes - 1/14/12 – 1:38 PM - Romney Building, Rexburg, ID - f/32 - 1/160 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

Rusty Rock - 1/14/12 – 2:17 PM - Snow Building, Rexburg, ID - f/32 - 1/50 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used tutorial 34 on this image. I began with the image of the bike spokes that I took, added a warm rust brown color fill layer with an 81% opacity and Overlay blending mode. Then I added the Blue Channel pixels from my rock texture at 44% opacity. Over top of that, I put two levels layers in hard light blending mode, one at 100% opacity and the second at 30%.


Type



Align Center

Fred - 1/14/12 – 12:44 PM - Spori Building, Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/2500 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

Stripes - 1/14/12 – 12:58 PM - Spori Building, Rexburg, ID - f/5.6 - 1/500 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used tutorial 17 on this image. The first layer is the image of the skull with flowers that I took. I put a warm brown color fill in overlay blending mode overtop at 50% opacity. Then I added the green channel of the rough marble texture at 80% opacity. On top of that, I put a levels layer at 100% opacity in Color Burn blending mode. The text on top consists of synonyms for romance that I found on a Thesaurus website, one set in white Adobe Caslon Pro 72 pt size, 150 pt leading, and the other set in red Adobe Caslon Pro 60 pt size, 150 pt leading. Both have layer masks. The word "Romance" is in white the King & Queen font 170 pt size, 60 pt kerning, and "is DEAD" is in white Adobe Caslon Pro 100pt size, 10 pt kerning.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like your type example! It looks really neat how you used the two different types of text on the image. I think it turned out very well! I also like how the eyes appear to have light coming out of them. Your blend looks great as well. I like how you made it have sort of a rustic look to it. Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete