Monday, January 16

Blog 2 - Color Study - Green


Slytherin Pride - 1/14/12 – 12:53 PM - Spori Building, Rexburg, ID - f/5.6 - 1/800 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

After situating myself in the shadows of the Spori building, I laid my hand-carved wand and my Slytherin tie on top of my roommate's copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, opened to roughly the middle. I was amazed at how far away I had to be to get this shot. I had to spot meter the tie because my camera kept trying to auto focus on the text behind it or the wand instead.


Industrial Ribs - 1/15/12 – 4:53 PM - Hart Building, Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/100- Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I was sitting at a bench outside the Hart building when I took this shot, roughly at sunset. I looked down and really liked how the warm sunlight of early evening was shining off the side of the bench. It took me a bit to figure out what angle I wanted and to spot meter it because the camera kept trying to auto focus on the ground beneath.


Precariously Perched - 1/14/12 – 1:01 PM - Spori Building, Rexburg, ID - f/5.6 - 1/4000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

In the shadows of the Spori building, I found a railing onto which I positioned my lime green rubber duck. Mostly I was just laying around with the aperture settings, trying to get a feel for my camera, but I liked how this one turned out. I probably should have given the duck some more lead room, but I kind of liked how he was turning away.


Sea of Gates - 1/15/2012 – 5:04 PM - Hart Building, Rexburg, ID - f/32 - 0.8 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I tried several different methods to get this shot. I tried lying on the benches, placing the camera itself on the benches, and finally positioning my camera on a brick ledge right next to the benches before I was able to get an image I liked. Taking pictures at sunset is really difficult without a tripod.


Death of Spring - 1/17/12 – 9:07 AM - Ricks Gardens, Rexburg, ID - f/11 - 1 /125 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I coerced my friend into taking pictures with me at sunrise. It was cold and snowing, but once the sun came out, we got some really interesting shots. This was one of my favorites. Despite the harsher lighting, the expression really draws you into the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment