Sunday, January 22

Blog 3 - Edit: Adjustment Layers and Smart Filters

Adjustment Layers



"Kinetic Ooze" - 1/23/12 – 3:13 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.5 - 1/25 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I began with a levels layer at 100% opacity. I moved the black and grey tabs over to the right and moved the white tab in a smidge. On top of that, I put a hue/saturation layer at 100% opacity. I put the hue to +180, the saturation at -68 and leghtness at 0. I masked out part of the layer to have both colors show through. On top of that is a vibrance layer at 100% opacity with vibrance at 100 and saturation at +9.


Smart Filters



"Emergency Station" - 1/23/12 – 2:59 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/6.3 - 1/250 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I started out with a Neon Glow smart filter with a green glow, glow size 13, glow brightness 22. Opacity 100%, light building masking and 100% mask on the emergency station. Then I used a watercolor smart filter, brush detail 4, shadow intensity 4, texture 3. Opacity 50%, medium masking on the sky, 100% masking on the emergency station.

1 comment:

  1. Chellie Dazey
    I really like your smart filter picture about the emergence call station. It just looks like it is coming out of a old painting and I think that it goes really well. The color is a little off in the sky it looks like well a little to saturated in green.
    I think that the picture of the squirrel is really nice you captured a great image with the color and how the squirrel is on the rule of thirds very cool. The only thing that I would look at is the snow that is on top of the branches is a little blurred not horrible it just can be distracting. Over all I think you did a really good job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete