Friday, January 6

Blog 1 - Edit: Cutouts


"Alice and her Rabbit" - 9/17/10 - 4:49 PM - Anime Weekend Atlanta Con, Atlanta, Georgia - f/3.1 - 1/15 - Nikon Coolpix S203

The first thing I did in photoshop was to use quick selection to select the circle pattern on the carpet. Then I inversed the selection and filled it in white in a new layer. Then I used quick select to select Alice and the White Rabbit, refined the edges and pasted them into a new layer. I then adjusted the levels, hue/saturation, brightness/contrast, added white space above the rabbit's ears and adjusted the color balance.




"Strongmarm" - 10/6/10 - 8:23 PM - Dixie Classic Fair, Winston-Salem, North Carolina - f/3.1 - 1/30 - Nikon Coolpix S203

First, I did used quick selection to select my Mom. After that, I refined the edges, then copied the selection on to a new layer. Below that layer, I put a black color fill on a separate layer. I then adjusted the levels and brightness/contrast. Then I cropped the image to reposition my Mom.



"Don't step on the Duckie" - 7/6/10 - 5:58 PM - Colonial House, Rexburg, Idaho - f/5.1 - 1/125 - Nikon Coolpix S203

First, I did used quick selection to select the duck. After that, I refined the edges, then copied the selection on to a new layer. Below that layer, I put a white color fill on a separate layer. Then I cropped the image to reposition the duck. I did not adjust any color, brightness or saturation on the image.

1 comment:

  1. Chellie - Awesome header! I love the black and white color. The expression on your face(s) is great. I also like the partial cutout of Alice and the Rabbit. I like how you have taken the circular pattern in the carpet to use for the partial cut out. It helped me with my cut out as well. I was stuck on the square cut out. Keep up the great work!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete