Saturday, January 28

Blog 4 - Panoramics




"Crystal Fish" - 1/28/12 - 4:34 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/125 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I wanted to take some pictures in the Geology Museum, but I couldn't get far enough away from them to get good shots. Except the fish tank. The guy that worked there had just fed the fish, so they were swimming all over the place. I was worried that it wouldn't work as a pano because of all the movement, but I really like how it turned out. Once I photo merged it, tried CA Fill and decided to crop instead, I started adding adjustment layers. First, I added a Vibrance layer, increasing the vibrance and saturation of the image. Then I added a color balance layer, adjusting only the midtones. Finally, I added a Brightness/Contrast layer, greatly increasing the brightness and decreasing the contrast slightly.





"Time to Play" - 1/28/12 - 2:52 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/4000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I went wandering around Rexburg for a few hours taking pictures of things and decided to try doing a pano of the playground at Porter Park. After applying photomerge and trying CA Fill, which didn't work, I cropped the image a little. First I added a levels layer, pulling in the white tab a tad. Then I added a vibrance layer and upped the vibrance and saturation. Finally, I added a Hue/Saturation layer, increasing the saturation and masking out parts of the playground set.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your panoramic photos! You chose some interesting subject matter for them, and they came out pretty well. The aquarium one is pretty dark though; did you try to brighten it up Camera Raw? It's quite impressive that you got a good panoramic despite having the fish in the shots!

    ReplyDelete