Sunday, February 5

Blog 5 - Portraits


"Spades' smile" - 2/5/12 - 4:09 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/2000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

So I convinced my friends to let me use them as my victims. I had them dress in red and black and drew card symbols on their faces. I took several different shots of each of them, but I really liked Brooke's expression in this one. I did do a little editing in Camera Raw and some Levels adjustments in Photoshop, but nothing drastic.



"Dramatic Diamond" - 2/5/12 - 4:20 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/1600 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I realized for the first time during this photoshoot that my camera can tip on it's side when mounted on the tripod. I was way excited to discover this and started taking some "tipped" shots of my models. I did a little bit of Camera Raw editing, and added Exposure, Levels and Brightness/Contrast layers to this image.



"Holy Snow" - 2/5/12 - 4:31 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/4000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

Once I ran out of ideas, the girls got bored and started kicking around bits of snow. I turned my multi-shot on and managed to catch this one during their antics. I love the way the shattered snow halos around her foot, and I was very happy with the pose as well. Definitely a lucky shot. A little editing in Camera Raw and a Color Balance layer in Photoshop.



"No Straighter Face" - 2/5/12 - 4:13 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/2500 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I brought my wand and sonic screwdriver out and they all started goofing off with them. I tried getting some posed shots, but they kept giggling, and I caught this shot by accident because they started giggling again right as I pushed the button. Camera Raw editing, and Levels, Vibrance, Color Balance levels in Photoshop.



"Are you ready?" - 2/5/12 - 4:15 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.5 - 1/1600 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

When I finally managed to get them to stop giggling and hold still, I got a few good shots of them posing. This one was my favorite. I really liked their expressions and the lighting fit well. I did a little bit of Camera Raw editing and cleaned up the edges of Brooke's lipstick.



"I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" - 2/6/12 - 3:00 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/1600 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I was walking home from work and happened to have my camera on me when I spotted these two. I can only assume it was a brother and sister taking pictures, and the fact that he was dressed up made me think mission. I thought the girl's body language added a fun element to the shot. I edited it a bit in Camera Raw and added a Levels layer in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment