Monday, February 20

Blog 7 - Edit: Borders

Flexible Brushed-On Effect


Uncertainty - 2/5/12 – 4:15 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.5 - 1/1600 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used one of my Portrait photos as my victim for this first border effect. I tried a lot of different brushes before I settled on this one. I went through the listed steps and then began playing with things on my own. I tried different colors, different brush opacities, and eventually I came up with this. The border makes it feel a little morbid, but I still like the colors.


Double Fade Border


Movie Magic - 1/14/12 – 12:53 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.6 - 1/800 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used one of my Shallow Focus shots for this border effect. I didn't want to use just a square for this one, so I used one of the custom shapes. I really liked the idea of the filmstrip, mainly because of the relation between the Harry Potter books and the movies. I followed the instructions just as they were listed, I just used a slightly different shape and a different color.


Flexible Vignette


Target Practice - 2/11/12 – 2:56 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/4.5 - 1/50 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used a feathered marquee in black to achieve the Flexible Vignette border. The feathering was set to 20 pixels.


Fine Art Template





Fancy Fish - 1/28/12 – 4:34 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/125 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used my Fish Pano for this edit. I decided that since it was a pano, I needed more than 5 boxes. Eight felt more appropriate, and ended out working nicely for what I had in mind. I used the photo tag that I created for my Bannack Shootout shots and added a border stroke of the same color. It took a little bit of fenagling to get the fish pano the right size to work with, but I am really pleased with the result.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your movie border. That was a great idea and different then what everyone else has been doing. I also like how the fish look with the windows. Did you see Spencer King’s example on brain honey? If not you should check it out. He did one that looks like the fish are swimming from one window to the other. It turned out really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Tutorial, thanks for putting this together!11. Clipping Path Associate, is one of the best clipping path service provider around the world. We offer our global customers: image masking, clipping path , background removal service, shadow creation Service, Jewelry Photo, Retouching Services, Color Correction Service, Image e-commerce business Service…

    ReplyDelete