Wednesday, February 15

Blog 6 - Bannack Ghost Town

Portraits

Font size


Lining Up the Shot - 2/11/12 – 12:57 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.6 - 1/200 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I was standing around, trying to figure out what to do next, when I decided to take some pictures of my classmates across the way. This one was my favorite. I did some adjustments in Camera Raw and then took it into Photoshop. I added Levels and Vibrance Adjustment layers.




Leavin' Home - 2/11/12 – 3:13 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.6 - 1/250 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

This image was part of the Bannack Shootout hour. I really liked the emotion in this shot. I took it into Camera Raw and emphasized some of the cool light that was already there and then took it into Photoshop. I added Levels and Vibrance Adjustment layers. No enhancements.


Freeze Action



Off to Neverland! - 2/11/12 – 11:51 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/9.0 - 1/100 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

We were trying to figure out what we could do to capture freeze motion...so we started jumping off the back of the truck. I just happened to capture this image after a few tries. :) I edited it in Camera Raw, and then took it into Photoshop. There, I added only a Levels layer.

Blur Action




Regrets - 2/11/12 – 12:29 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/32 - 3.2 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

Dustin decided to pose as our "ghost" for a couple shots, and I captured this one quite by accident. I was trying to adjust my camera settings and accidentally pushed my trigger. But, I liked how it turned out, so I did some adjustments in Camera Raw.


Reverse Shallow Depth




Window - 2/11/12 – 1:44 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.0 - 1/100 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

Shack - 2/11/12 – 1:44 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.0 - 1/125 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I was wandering around the hotel when I took these shots. I already had some Reverse Shallow Depth shots, but I figured taking a few more wouldn't hurt. No edits.

Macro Abstract





Looking for Work - 2/11/12 – 3:29 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.6 - 1/800 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

It itches - 2/11/12 – 1:03 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.0 - 1/25 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I took a TON of texture shots for this category. I really liked this image of the wheelbarrow that I took, and I dressed it in several different textures before deciding on the battered wall above. I took both images into Photoshop, and dragged the Green Channel from the Texture onto my image. I added a dark gold color fill with Overlay above the wheelbarrow, and reduced my opacity to 40%. Then I copied the texture layer and masked out both layers so that the texture only appeared on the actual wheel. My texture layers were on Normal, at 40% and 15% respectively. Then I added two Levels layers on Hard Light, both at 60% opacity.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Work Chellie! I really like some of your pictures. I particularly like "You Don't Want to Meet Pa?" your blur action and your macro abstract. I thought these all turned out so great. I like the coloring and lighting of the first and last picture I mentioned. I like the blur action because that is an original picture compared to the other blured action pictures.

    ReplyDelete