Sunday, February 5

Blog 5 - Edit: Enhancements

Enhancement



"Forlorn" - 2/5/12 - 4:20 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.6 - 1/2000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

After adjusting the temperature in Camera Raw and using some adjustment brushes on her hair, I pulled the image into Photoshop. I started with the spot healing brush, cleaning up her skin and removing the dark circles under her eyes. Then I used the paint brush technique we were shown in class to smooth out her skin tone. I used Color Dodge to brighten her eyes, put some eyeshadow on her and some highlights in her hair. I used Color Burn for her mascara and to darken bits of her hair. I used a normal paintbrush for her mascara, blush and lips. Then I adjusted it all with Levels and Channel Mixer layers.


Replace Color



"Fashionista" - 2/5/12 - 4:20 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/1600 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I did no prior adjustments on this image. I used quick select in photoshop to select Kimberly's shirt and the diamond on her cheek. I turned the fuzziness up to 100% and selected my bright green color.


Match Color




"Srsly?" - 2/5/12 – 4:15 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/1600 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
"Wheels" - 2/6/12 - 3:06 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 1/1600 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I opened the two images in photoshop, with no previous adjustments on either image. With the motorcycle image active, I used Match Color as shown in class, basing my color match on the image of Jenny and Brooke. Then I added a Levels and a Vibrance layer in photoshop, masking out the trees and the building in the Vibrance layer, and then masking the trees and the teal car in the Levels layer.


Challenge



"spAde" - 2/5/12 – 4:09 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/5.0 - 1/2000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I didn't do any prior adjustments to this image. I took it right into photoshop and applied the Corey Barker Luminosity Tutorial. I altered the Alpha Channel layer just as he described, painted out the background, feathering it around Brooke, and used a purple/blue noise Angle Gradient on Brooke and the lettering. The font I used for "Spade" was Caviar Dreams.

2 comments: