Monday, February 20

Blog 7 - Night & Light

Blurred Lights



Aurora Vehicularis - 2/21/12 - 8:25 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/11 - 30 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

All I did was go outside with my tripod and stand on the corner with my camera and watch the cars brave the snowy streets. This photo was originally overexposed, so I yanked the exposure down in Camera Raw and tweaked some of the color saturations.


Camera Motion



Peep Show - 2/21/12 - 8:20 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.0 - 30 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I have a little Peep toy that blinks blue and red. I had my roommate hold it up and I focused the shot in the light. I set my camera for the 10 second timer and flipped off the lights. Then I moved my camera around a bunch to get this effect. No edits.


Light Painting



Confessions of a Bibliophile - 2/21/12 - 8:44 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/25 - 20 sec - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I LOVE books, if you can't tell.. I set this up on my kitchen table with a bunch of my books and decided that I wanted my glasses to be the focal point. In order to get this shot, I had to prop my tripod up on three chairs and use my roommates' step ladder to look through my camera to set up the shot. I focused in the light, turned on my timer and flicked off the lights. Then I used a little LED flashlight I bought to light everything from the side. It took a lot of tries to get this image, and at first it wasn't one of my favorites because it was too bright. So I took it into Camera Raw and played around with it. I got it to look the way it does by complete accident, and I'm pretty pleased with my first attempts at light painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment