Wednesday, February 15

Blog 6 - Bannack Best

Bannack Best


You Don't Wanna Meet Pa? - 2/11/12 – 2:57 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/4.0 - 1/60 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I pulled this shot into Camera Raw for some adjustments and then opened it in Photoshop. I erased part of the side of her face and replaced it with more hair because the angle of her head made it a little unflattering. I cleaned up any blemishes and smoothed out her skin. I added a little pink to her cheeks and Color Dodged her eyes. Then I Dodged in some of the background to bring more of a focus to the model. Finally, I added a Levels layer for some final adjustments.


Beautiful Music - 2/11/12 – 2:19 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.6 - 1/15 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I bracketed this photo in Photomatix and used the Enhancer - Painterly Filter with Medium Light. I adjusted the sliders to my liking and brought it into Photoshop. I added Levels and Vibrance Adjustment layers and masked out the piano keys in the Vibrance layer. I also used the Smart Sharpen Filter.



Bottles of Light - 2/11/12 – 3:17 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/4.0 - 1/250 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I bracketed it in Photomatix using the Compressor - Default Filter. Then I took it into Photoshop and used the Smart Sharpen filter.



That's MY Chocolate! - 2/11/12 – 2:56 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/4.5 - 1/50 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I took this shot during the Bannack Shootout and adjusted it in Camera Raw. Then I took it into Photoshop, smoothed out her face, Color Dodged her open eye and added a Levels Adjustment layer. Then I used a Vibrance Adjustment Layer to make it a Black and White image.



Turn the Wheel - 2/11/12 – 2:32 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.0 - 1/15 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I adjusted this image in Camera Raw and then took it into Photoshop. I added Levels, Vibrance and Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers to tweak the colors and then used a Sepia Photo Filter layer to give it that old time feel.

2 comments:

  1. I love your shot of the bottles! The colors are awesome. I also love the sepia on the sewing machine, that really adds to the photo! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Zach! The way seems to emanate from the bottles themselves is amazing! Your portraits are really awesome too! You captured some great expressions!

    ReplyDelete