Friday, March 23

Blog 10 - Photo Contest


Looking for Work - 2/11/12 – 3:29 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.6 - 1/800 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I took my Macro Abstract entry from the Bannack shots, and removed the texture. I sized it down so the longest side was 2000px, uploaded it to ViewBug and then entered it in the "Things on Wheels" Photo Contest.

I chose this contest because of the theme. The whole contest is devoted to, as it says, "Things On Wheels." I really loved my wheelbarrow shot from our trip to Bannack, and it fit the parameters. Plus, it was a free contest, and seeing as I'm broke, it seemed like a good choice.

http://www.viewbug.com/contests/things-on-wheels-photo-contest

Entry submitted on March 23rd, 2012





"Kinetic Ooze" - 1/23/12 – 3:13 PM - Rexburg, ID - f/4.5 - 1/25 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I used my lava lamp image from the Adjustment Layers assignment. I sized it down so the longest side was 2000px, uploaded it to ViewBug and then entered it in the "All That Is Interesting" Photo Contest.

I chose this contest because of the theme. It was a bit of an "anything goes" sort of photo contest, and I was curious to see how far I might get doing it. Plus, it was a free contest, and seeing as I'm broke, it seemed like a good choice.

http://www.viewbug.com/contests/all-that-is-interesting

Entry submitted on March 23rd, 2012




Lay of the Land - 2/11/12 – 1:36 PM - Bannack Ghost Town, Montana - f/5.6 - 1/1000 - Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT

I had this image from my Bannack shots, and I really liked it, but I wasn't sure I could use it for anything. I figured it wouldn't hurt to mess with it a bit and see. So I copied the image and sharpened it, and added two identical Levels Adjustment layers, masking out the tower and the bird. This still wasn't enough, so I added two identical Vibrace layers, masking out the sky and set the second Vibrance layer at 50% opacity to bring down the intensity. Then I topped it off with a Brightness/Contrast layer. I sized it down so the longest side was 2000px, uploaded it to ViewBug and then entered it in the "Abstract" Photo Contest.

I chose this contest because of the theme. It is a conceptual photo contest, which intrigued me because the focus was not on the literal image, but the "image behind the image," as it were. Plus, it was a free contest, and seeing as I'm broke, it seemed like a good choice.

http://www.viewbug.com/contests/abstract-photo-contest

Entry submitted on March 24th, 2012

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next post thank you once again.clipping path service uses an image. I using Clipping path an image.

    ReplyDelete